We are looking for a Junior Copywriter to tease words, nudge letters, and craft meticulously well-written sentences in a timely and cost effective manner. Our copy needs are wide ranging (from long-form blogs and websites, to social editorial and video scripts, and even to campaign straplines and project names) so you’ll need to be verbally versatile to handle everything that comes across your desk.
If you love language, know all the rules (and are confident enough to break them when necessary), and are itching to translate our wonderful world into words, we’d love to talk to you.
- Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the client’s marketing strategy
- Develops understanding of audience needs
- Writes copy for assigned projects that is on strategy and in language that is original, compelling, distinctive, and synergistic with art/graphic
- Performs basic proofing/editing on all copy, paying strict attention to details of copy/art agreement
- Understands and implements agency/client review and routing systems;, identifies problems or inconsistencies, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor/account services
- Participates with Creative and Brand team to develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects
- Must be able to develop a range of creative executions for each project and be able to effectively collaborate with Creative team members to ensure that words and image work together to support the concept
- Logically organizes material from a range of sources to create a compelling narrative/story flow
- Ability to adapt concept to all mediums
- Any ad hoc duties as required by the company
- A passion for emerging technologies and an affinity for writing about them
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for detail: spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and an excellent understanding of how to use language
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- Inspirational and visionary
- Social industry knowledge
- Passionate, energetic and confident
- Proactive: self-motivated
- Team-player: flexible and challenging
- Bachelor Degree in Advertising/Marketing; Writing or related discipline.
- 1 year of experience working at an integrative/social advertising or marketing firm.
- Internship experience